<-- Back to Services.
Educational Incentives Program
Jane Wright, Coordinator
Angela Hatch, Assistant Coordinator
5803 North Levee Road
Fife, WA 98424
(253) 573-7921 • (253) 573-7929 Fax
The goal of the Education Incentive Program (EIP) is to encourage Tribal member children, youth and adults to work diligently in bringing up and maintaining good grades; to attend school regularly and to improve their academic performance, thereby increasing their knowledge, skills and ability to progress in post-secondary educational institutions. Please note: No waivers or exceptions to these policies including eligibility will be allowed.
Eligibility for Grades and Attendance
Applicant must be:
• An enrolled Puyallup Tribal member;
• Attending a certified school; and
• Attending kindergarten, elementary, middle or high school to qualify.
Grades and Attendance Services
Students attending kindergarten-12th grade will be eligible for the following:
• Good grades: All A's-$50; A's, B's, C's and D's-$35, any F's $10;
• Good attendance: Perfect attendance-$50; 1-4 days-$35; 5 and above N/A
Graduation Incentives (high school graduate):
• Must be an enrolled Puyallup Tribal member;
• Pre-Graduation: $600 for graduation expenses, i.e., cap and gown, invitations, portraits, announcements
– Requests for assistances will not be accepted until 3 months before graduation;
– Must provide verification from school regarding student's eligibility to graduate; and
– Must include a graduation date.
Graduation: $500 plus a Pendleton blanket
– Must include physical address required (no P.O. Boxes);
– Must provide a copy of diploma;
– Must apply within one year of graduation date.
Other Educational Assistance
• Must be an enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe;
• Must be attending a certified school, home schooling or college; and
• Student must be having difficulties in math, reading, writing, study skills, State test preparation or SAT/ACT test preparation to qualify.
• K-12 Grades and Attendance Incentives: Rewards students for good grades and attendance.
• Tutoring Services: Assistance with the cost of tutoring fees including testing, registration and up to $500 a month for student for tuition.
• High School Graduation Expenses: $600 for graduation expenses.
• High School Graduation: $500 recognition for graduation and Pendleton blanket.
• Adult Basic Education: Test preparation class fees.
• Adult Basic Education Diploma (GED): Testing fees ($120 for 4 or $30 each).
• Pass GED Test: $300. Must provide a copy of GED Certification.
• Running Start: Assistance for tuition, campus fees and books (school schedule and class syllabus required).
• High School Credit Retrieval: Assistance with class fees.
• Educational Enhancement Classes: Science, Reading and Math (must enhance core class skills and/or provide required high school graduation credits).
• School Clothes Stipends: Assistance with clothing and supplies for students attending school (kindergarten through 12th grade).
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Puyallup Tribe of Indians Education Incentive Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm