<-- Back to Services.
Crisis Assistance Program (C.A.P.)
Talea Lopez, Manager
Merrilee Satiacum, Coordinator
Rebecca Curington, CAP Coordinator
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253) 573-7989 • (253) 573-7975 Fax
The intent of the Crisis Assistance Program is to provide monetary assistance for rent, mortgage or power/utility bills to Puyallup Tribal families in crisis. The CAP staff will assist upon approval and/or coordinate with other programs to ensure comprehensive case management for the success of the families and the program.
Assistance can be provided for:
• Electric, natural gas, oil, propane and utilities bills;
• Presto logs or wood pellets;
• Rental assistance; or
• Mortgage assistance.
The fiscal year begins October 1 and ends September 30. The maximum amount of assistance for combined rental, mortgage or utility assistance is $2,000.
Applicant must be:
• Enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians 18 and older;
• Assistance is one tribal member per household and/or address per fiscal year;
• Puyallup enrolled children of deceased Puyallup Tribal member: please inquire with CAP staff.
• Must be in a crisis situation and provide verification of crisis. Tribal member (applicant) name must be on: eviction notice, notice of rent due, current mortgage statement, power/utility statement, invoice of presto logs or wood pellets (whichever is applicable).
Applicants must be in compliance with CAP regarding move-in rental. Staff will verify ownership of rentals; if this information cannot be verified, payment will not be made. No check will be issued to the same residence for boarding/sharing and upstairs/downstairs/trailers on property and further information may be required for proof. Please note: Withholding information, false information/altered documents or fraudulent lease agreement will result in immediate denial. Applicant will be subjected to one year penalty of no assistance should an attempt be made.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Puyallup Tribe of Indians Crisis Assistance Program Applications and Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm (Closed for lunch from 12:00-1:00 pm)
Wednesday & Thursday open to the public 1:00-5:00 pm
Please call in advance to verify if Tribal Administration Building is open.