<-- Back to Services.
Medical Emergency Travel Assistance
Elsie Thomas, Director
Daniel McCloud, Assistant
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253) 573-7884 or (253) 573-7888 • (253) 573-7851 Fax
The intent of the Medical Emergency Travel Assistance Program is to assist Puyallup Tribal members with traveling expenses while visiting a relative who is hospitalized for one or more days with an illness or condition.
Applicant must be:
• Puyallup Tribal member who is 18 years and older;
• An immediate or extended relative of the person who is hospitalized.
Additional eligible hospital stays:
• Newborns under 12 months with hospital stay longer than 3 weeks;
• Family member in ICU for over 4 days.
Ineligible Applicants: Relative Hospital Stays
• Relative is in day surgery, out-patient surgery or pregnancies (giving birth).
Definition of Family Members
Immediate: Spouse or Children; Extended: Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Aunt, Uncle, Grandfather and Grandmother.
Emergency Travel Assistance (Immediate or Extended Family) Ground Transportation
• $100: The applicant lives within the county in which the hospital is located and less than 300
• $150: The applicant lives outside the county in which the hospital is located and greater than 300
• $500: Applicant lives outside the state in which the hospital is located.
Airfare Assistance (Immediate or Extended Family)
• Within continental USA: up to $500 (immediate and extended family member). If ticket is over
$500, the applicant is responsible for the balance;
• If travel is under $500, applicant can use remaining balance for travel related expenses (receipts
• Outside continental USA: $1,000 (immediate family member only). If the ticket is over $1,000,
the applicant is responsible for the balance;
• If travel is under $1,000, the applicant can use remaining funding for travel related expenses. Must turn in receipts.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Medical Emergency Travel Assistance Applications and Policies and Procedures can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm