<-- Back to Services.
Funeral Travel Assistance
Elsie Thomas, Director
Daniel McCloud, Assistant
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253) 573-7884 or (253) 573-7888 • (253) 573-7851 Fax
The intent of the Funeral Travel Assistance Program is to assist Puyallup Tribal members with traveling expenses associated with attending a relative's funeral.
Maximum Assistance Guidelines
When the funeral is:
• Located within the county that the applicant is residing, the maximum travel assistance is $75;
• Located outside the county in which the applicant is residing and in the state in which the applicant is living, the maximum is $125;
• Located outside the state in which the applicant is living, the maximum amount is $500;
• The applicant may have the option to request the cost of round-trip airline ticket, if living outside the state;
• When a family has to fly into Washington State, they can be offered two rooms at the Emerald Queen Fife Casino at no charge based on the availability of rooms. The family spokesperson will determine who receives the rooms. Any other family members wishing to stay at the hotel will be offered a discounted rate when rooms are available. Rooms will be available for a maximum of 3 days.
Applicant must be:
• Enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians;
• An immediate relative of the individual deceased: Spouse, Mother, Father, Child, Sister, Brother,
Grandmother, Grandfather, Great-Grandmother, Great Grandfather, Grandchild, Stepparent, Stepchild, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, Nephew or Foster Child (must provide notarized statement that indicates individual was foster parent); and
• 18 years or older.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Applications and completed Puyallup Tribe of Indians Funeral Travel Assistance Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm