<-- Back to Services.
Funeral Expense Assistance
Elsie Thomas, Director
Daniel McCloud, Assistant
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253) 573-7884 or (253) 573-7888 • (253) 573-7851 Fax
The intent of the Funeral Expense Assistance Program is to assist Puyallup Tribal members with expenses associated with funeral arrangements.
Maximum Assistance Guidelines – Tribal Member
When deceased is a Puyallup Tribal member:
• Maximum amount of funeral assistance is $3,700;
• Maximum assistance for miscarriage or stillbirth (unborn child) $750;
• Funding can only be used for funeral, which includes; casket, urn, travel, funeral dinner and
miscellaneous, i.e. clothing, blankets, flowers, or other items relating to funeral (receipts must be provided); and
• (1) Pendleton blanket – donated by Tribal Council.
Eligibility Requirements – Tribal Member
• Member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians;
• Spouse (Native or non-Native) of a Puyallup Tribal member;
• Stepchild or adopted child of a Puyallup Tribal member; or
• Stillbirth of a Puyallup Tribal Member.
Maximum Assistance Guidelines – Relative of Tribal Member
When deceased is a relative of a Puyallup Tribal member:
• The maximum amount of funeral assistance to aid a Tribal member when the deceased relative is not a Puyallup Tribal member is $750 (one-time payment to head of household).
Eligibility Requirements – Relative of a Tribal Member
When deceased relative is a:
• Spouse, Mother, Father, Child, Sister, Brother, Niece or Nephew, Aunt, Uncle, Grandmother, Grandfather, Grandchild or Great-grandchild.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Puyallup Tribe of Indians Funeral Expense Assistance Program Application and Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm