<-- Back to Services.
Financial Hardship Assistance
Elsie Thomas, Director
Daniel McCloud, Assistant
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253) 573-7884 or (253) 573-7888 • (253) 573-7851 Fax
The intent of the Financial Hardship Assistance Program is to provide monetary assistance to individuals (18 and older) who are the spouse or head of household of deceased Puyallup Tribal member to help alleviate the financial burden.
Maximum Assistance-Spouse of Head of Household
• The maximum amount of financial assistance is $2,000;
• Applicant can submit for more than one financial hardship at a time (up to $2,000). Payments will be made directly to the vendor. Bill statements cannot be more than 60 days past due (before or after death of the deceased Tribal member).
• Designated spouse or head of household (18 and older) of deceased Puyallup Tribal member; and
• Deceased Puyallup Tribal member must have been 18 years of age at the time of death.
• Mortgage payments: Must contain the name of the deceased and be the primary residence of the
• Rental payments: Rental or lease agreement must contain the name of the deceased;
• Utility bills: Must contain the name of the deceased on the utility bill; and
• Miscellaneous (credit cards, car payments, etc.): Must have the name of deceased on bill statement.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Applications and completed Puyallup Tribe of Indians Financial Hardship Assistance Program Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm