<-- Back to Services.
Extreme Emergency Assistance
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253) 573-7906 • (253) 573-7854 Fax
The intent of the Extreme Emergency Assistance Program is to assist with energy bills for elder Tribal members (55 older) or Tribal members with minor children (up to 18 years of age) who are in the applicant's legal and physical custody; provide monetary assistance when applicant is about to be evicted from primary residence or foreclosure on primary residence; provide assistance with delinquent property taxes; and provide food assistance when electricity has been turned off for 48 consecutive hours. Puyallup Tribe Children's Services will be notified to perform a Health and Safety Welfare Check when applicable.
The Extreme Emergency Assistance Program was created to assist Tribal members (only) who are in an extreme crisis situation. This program can assist with one bill, one time per year. Maximum assistance amounts.
• Energy: up to $500; or
• Housing: up to $1,000; or
• Food Card: family of 4 or more $100 or family of 3 or less $50.
Applicant must be (if applicable):
• An enrolled Puyallup Tribal member;
• The applicant's primary residence and the applicant's name must appear on the mortgage
statement, eviction notice or utility company bill. Copy of a rental agreement may be required, if applicable.
• Must be an elder (55 years and older); or
• 18-54 years of age with minor children (up to 18 years of age). Applicant must have legal and physical custody of their biological minor child. The applicant's address must be the child's primary residence. If the child is biologically the applicant's and not enrolled in the Puyallup Tribe, the applicant must provide birth certificate and both the child and applicant's name must appear on the birth certificate.
• Tribal member applicants that are foster and/or adoptive parents/guardians to Puyallup Tribal member children (up to the age of 18) must provide Court documentation of guardianship.
• Must provide a shut off notice or a disconnect notice with application; and
• The applicant's name must be on the utility bill.
• Rental: Provide an eviction notice or a pay or vacate notice. Applicant's name must appear on both the lease and the eviction notice;
• Mortgage: Applicant's name must be on the mortgage statement and payment must be late;
• Property Taxes: Delinquent notice must pertain to the address of the applicant (primary
residences) and applicant's name must appear on the notice.
Food Card Assistance:
• Must be the applicant's primary residence;
• Power must have been shut off for 48 consecutive hours;
• Must provide documentation from your utility company stating utilities have been shut off for 48 consecutive hours.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Puyallup Tribe of Indians Extreme Emergency Assistance Program Applications and Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Please call in advance to verify Tribal Administration Building is open.