<-- Back to Services.
Emergency Housing Repair Program
Don Coats, Director
Kelly Sasticum, Administrative Assistant
3700 Pacific Highway East, Suite 210
Fife, WA 98424
(253) 573-7972 • (253) 573-7825 Fax
Download Application Here
The intent of the Emergency Housing Repair Program is to provide Puyallup Tribal members the opportunity to live in decent, safe and sanitary housing. This will be accomplished by assisting with an emergency housing situation or occurrence that happens unexpectedly and demands immediate action. This program is not intended to replace other housing programs, but will increase the services provided for emergency repairs. In addition, when safety and security is an issue on the exterior parameter of an (elder) applicant's unit, assistance will be granted to alleviate such hazards.
Applicant must be:
• Enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians;
• Unit must be applicant's Primary Residence;
• Applicant must Own Home (fee title, trust title);
• Applicants who are not homeowners are eligible for assistance if they are elders who have
resided with the homeowner for not less ten (10) consecutive years.
• Fill out and sign Emergency Housing Repair Application. Individual elder household members
who qualify for separate assistance must complete separate applications;
• Provide documentation of enrollment, i.e., copy of Tribal identification card;
• Documentation of Homeownership or provide Emergency Housing Program Director with the name
and number of Mortgage Company to confirm homeownership;
• Provide Homeowners Insurance to cover cost of work first (water, fire, flood, wind etc.); or
• Individual elder household member(s) who qualify for separate assistance must provide
documentation that they have lived with the homeowner for not less than the previous 10 consecutive years.
Emergency Housing Repair Assistance funds are limited. It will be up the Emergency Housing Repair Program Director's discretion to prioritize on a case by case basis. Elders 55 and older and certified disabled members will have priority for housing emergencies.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Applications and completed Puyallup Tribe of Indians Emergency Housing Repair Program Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm