<-- Back to Services.
Cultural Exchange Travel Assistance Program
Tribal Council Offices
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253) 680-7829 • (253) 680-5759 Fax
The intent of the Cultural Exchange Travel Assistance Program is to provide monetary assistance to eligible high school and college students who have been selected to participate in a cultural student exchange program.
Maximum Funding Provided
• Up to $2,000 per year. Assistance amounts are based on need (location, fees, etc.). Assistance is restricted to once a year. Applicant is responsible for all travel costs over $2,000.
Applicant must be:
• An enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians;
• Attending an accredited school of learning (high school or college);
• 16 years of age or over;
• Selected to participate in a cultural exchange program with formal notification by organization, i.e., letter of acceptance.
• Registration fees;
• Airfare, including baggage check in;
• Lodging and food;
• Taxi, rental car or shuttle; and
• Gas to travel to airport
• Fill out Travel Expense form prior to authorization of check; and
• Turn in original receipts to Program Coordinator within 30-days of returning from cultural exchange.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Applications and completed Puyallup Tribe Cultural Exchange Assistance Program Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm