<-- Back to Services.
Regional and National Competition Assistance Program
Tribal Council Offices
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
(253) 680-7829 • (253) 680-5759 Fax
The intent of the Regional and National Competition Assistance Program is to aid Tribal member children with monetary assistance (traveling or fees) when selected to participate in a regional or national competition.
Maximum Funding Provided
• Up to $2,000 per year. Assistance amounts are based on need. A Travel Expense Form will need
to be filled out, to determine amount. Applicant must turn in receipts within 30 days of
Applicant must be:
• An enrolled member of Puyallup Tribe of Indians;
• Attending an accredited school of learning (elementary, middle or high school);
• 8-18 years of age;
• Selected to participate in a regional or national competition with formal notification by agency
• Attending high school if over the age of 18;
• Non-Puyallup custodial parent can qualify for assistance to accompany Puyallup Tribal member
child to attend regional and/or national competition. Documentation of relationship may be
• Provide letter from school or coach if requesting uniform payment, if applicable; and
• Applicants that have two or more siblings approved for the same regional or national
competition will be allowed only $1,000 for the second sibling. Receipts will be required.
• Entry fees for competitions;
• Airfare, including baggage check in;
• Taxi or rental car;
• Shuttle; and
• Gas to travel to competition.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Applications and completed Puyallup Tribe Children's Activities Program Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: policies and procedures are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm