<-- Back to Services.
Community/Family Services Program
Jody Brooks, Director (253) 573-7920 • Fax (253) 573-7910
Teresa Keating-Cruell, Transitional Client Advocate (253) 680-5738 • Fax (253) 573-7862
Besse Handy, Administrative Assistant (253) 573-7919 • Fax (253) 573-7862
3009 E. Portland Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98404
The intent for the Puyallup Tribe's Community/Family Services Program is to provide assistance to primarily Puyallup Tribal member youth and adults who are in need of drug and alcohol screening, assessment, and referrals to treatment services, focusing on interventions, prevention and outreach services to the Native American community on or near the Puyallup Reservation.
• Drug and alcohol screening, assessments and referral services to Native American youth;
• Referrals for adolescents entering all phases of chemical dependency treatment;
• Short term counseling/intervention services to adolescent clients and their families;
• Intervention and prevention services to at risk youth and tribal families;
• Drug and alcohol screenings and student assistances at Chief Leschi Middle and High Schools and other local area schools for Native American youth;
• Assistance to clients who are Puyallup Tribal members entering treatment with treatment bags and transportation to and from treatment facilities;
• Drug and alcohol prevention and education services at multiple tribal events and with various programs throughout the year;
• Provide wrap-around transitional services to assist tribal members and their families to remove the barriers to clean and sober living;
• Outreach services at local area hospitals for drug and alcohol treatment and referrals; and
• Drug and alcohol assessments for inmates at the Puyallup Tribe of Indians' Restorative Correctional Facility.
Brief Risk Assessments, and Referrals, Limited Counseling until Approval of Treatment
• Applicant must be a client of the Community/Family Services Program;
• Applicant must be a member of a Federally Recognized Tribe;
• Must be 4-24 years of age.
Policies and Procedures
Community/Family Services Applications and Policies and Procedures can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm