<-- Back to Services.
Children's Activities Program
Tribal Council Offices
3009 E. Portland Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98404
(253) 680-5992 • (253) 680-5996 Fax
The intent of the Children's Activities Program is to aid Tribal members with monetary assistance for entry into a sports team or tournament, assistance with purchasing equipment, participating in an extracurricular activity such as swimming, dance, gymnastics, music lessons, martial arts, drama, sports instruction, instrument payments, and reimbursement of driver's education course.
Maximum Funding Provided
• Funding cannot exceed $1,000 per year.
Applicant must be:
• Enrolled member of the Puyallup Tribe of Indians;
• Must be attending an accredited school of learning (Preschool, Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle or High School);
• 3-18 years of age;
• If over the age of 18, applicant must be attending High School;
• Applicant must fill out Children's Activities Program Application.
Teams and Tournaments
• List all team members, if applicable;
• Provide copies of Puyallup Tribal Identification;
• Provide flyer or entry form that states event, date and entry fee;
• Must provide one week's notice prior to event;
• Team members that are not Puyallup Tribal members will have their share deducted from the entry fee;
• Provide letter from school or coach if requesting uniform/equipment payment, if applicable;
• Each team member must sign and submit a separate affidavit verifying the deduction amount.
• Provide registration form stating: name and time frame of activity, cost/session and billing/invoice information.
• Provide documentation from band instructor that student is enrolled in band;
• Contact business to obtain rental agreement that states: cost of rental instrument, address of business, selection of instrument, method of payment and length of contract.
• Puyallup Tribe is not responsible for lost or stolen musical instruments.
Driver's Education (Reimbursement)
• Must be 15 years of age (by state law);
• Fill out Driver's Enrollment form;
• Send copy of Driver's Education class invoice and billing to Puyallup Tribe, upon completion of course; and
• Request Driver's Education course administrator to send copy of Driver's Education Certificate to Children's Activities Program.
Applications, Policies and Procedures
Applications and completed Puyallup Tribe Children's Activities Program Policies and Procedures Manual can be obtained at the above address. Please Note: Policies and procedures are subject to change during the course of the year.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm